Wednesday, November 22, 2006

SITTING WITH THE WORD



from my morning prayer today (lauds)
Luke 19: 11-25
While he had their attention, and because they were getting close to Jerusalem by this time and expectation was building that God's kingdom would appear any minute, he told this story:

"There was once a man descended from a royal house who needed to make a long trip back to headquarters to get authorization for his rule and then return. But first he called ten servants together, gave them each a sum of money, and instructed them, 'Operate with this until I return.' "But the citizens there hated him. So they sent a commission with a signed petition to oppose his rule: 'We don't want this man to rule us.' "When he came back bringing the authorization of his rule, he called those ten servants to whom he had given the money to find out how they had done.

"The first said, 'Master, I doubled your money.' "He said, 'Good servant! Great work! Because you've been trustworthy in this small job, I'm making you governor of ten towns.' "The second said, 'Master, I made a fifty percent profit on your money.' "He said, 'I'm putting you in charge of five towns.' "The next servant said, 'Master, here's your money safe and sound. I kept it hidden in the cellar. To tell you the truth, I was a little afraid. I know you have high standards and hate sloppiness, and don't suffer fools gladly.' "

He said, 'You're right that I don't suffer fools gladly - and you've acted the fool! Why didn't you at least invest the money in securities so I would have gotten a little interest on it?' "Then he said to those standing there, 'Take the money from him and give it to the servant who doubled my stake.' "They said, 'But Master, he already has double . . .' "He said, 'That's what I mean: Risk your life and get more than you ever dreamed of. Play it safe and end up holding the bag.

_____________________________

"... Then he sent for the servents to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it."

Caretaker
take care of me
Dream inside
my dreams
Waker of my
wakefulness
Light within
my darnkess
Your rays break
through and
illuminate and warm
me in the dark hours
of evening

She is a ray
I've seen almost my entire life
At times I have been cruel
somtimes selfish
sometimes so loving and in awe of us
that I hurt...
You've entrusted her into my care
Together we love
not perfectly but the best
we can...
I hope you are pleased

They are rays
bright and young
So much potential...
so much to offer...
Give me wisdom
Sacred wisdom
Like sages and magi
To see the starlight within
Travelling to each ray
To help them see their source
A sun so bright so warm

They are rays I've seen...
Lighting up forgotten places
I try and stay away
Their lights shine too bright
upon places I'd rather not see nor go
Forgive me for trying to keep
the light extinguished
Empower this hour and
this heart to go
to the forgotten place
to the forgotten rays
to see them shine

You place these rays before me...
in my hand to hold
in my hand to love
To see these rays grow into
something bright
Your delight
A twilight
of love

She is beautiful
from start to finish...
I remember the girl I loved and see her now
more wonderful than ever...

They are my harmony my rhythm
melodies and sometimes counter melodies
They give me hope, they give me peace
They help me grow...

They help me remember that I am human
and imperfect... that we all have a way to go
That I am incomplete and need them as they need me

Caretaker
take care of me
Dream inside
my dreams
Waker of my
wakefulness
Light within
my darnkess
Your rays break
through and
illuminate and warm
me in the dark hours
of evening

shalom,
jnorm Posted by Picasa

No comments: