Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Practicing Church

Wow, what a busy week. I'd love to be able to say that I'll be glad when the week is over- but all that really means is more to do next week. Oh well, that's the way life is sometimes (most of the time it seems).

I am excited however about the direction that the ministry of my church, Blakemore UMC, is heading. We are moving from a committee based ministry structure to a team based structure based on Spiritual Practices.

We've created a blog to begin the online communal aspect of this interesting model of church. I know for some it doesn't seem like anything new but I think that in some ways we are remapping the way an institutionalized local congregation can structure its ministry. Check us out at www.blakemorepractice.blogspot.com. There's not much info up yet, but give us a week.

cheers all,
Jonathon

No comments: