Sunday, December 04, 2005

THE ADVENT CHRONICLES

PT. 3- "OUR FIRST SUNDAY"



Today was my first Sunday at Hermitage. Jen, Abby, Jonas and I were introduced at the 8:30 contemporary service and then again at the 11:00 traditional service. Then tonight we had youth group and it was really good. I am simply overwhelmed at how welcoming this group has been to me. Tonight was no different.

I found myself thinking about my kids at Blakemore and West Nashville tonight. I hope they are doing well. But I feel very confident that this venture at Hermitage is God filled. Yes, this is a good Advent.

11 comments:

gavin richardson said...

take good care of them, i love those kids @ herm.

St.Phransus said...

they love you gavo!!! they are so excited about going skiing with you and the hendersonville youth!!

gavin richardson said...

mine are equally excited.. but i don't think mine know how to ski as well. &:~)

Craig Moore said...

Fine looking family you have there Jonathon.

see-through faith said...

:) blessings May God be glorified in all you do over at Armitage :)

SLY said...

Where are you guys going skiing and when? We're heading to Winterplace Dec 27-30th. I remember taking that group skiing several times...only it wasn't them but the old already graduated group....man, i'm getting old

St.Phransus said...

aren't we all... we're going to lake junaluska the 2nd week in feb.

Thunder Jones said...

Where's the cossack?

St.Phransus said...

i only wear it when i preach, am liturgist or feel the need to go camo.

Joel Thomas said...

I wish you and your family all the best.

St.Phransus said...

thanks joel!
i haven't heard from you lately. i hope all is well.

shalom,
jonathon