Thursday, March 31, 2005

CONNECTION '05: Going Great!!

It's day two of Connection '05, a United Methodist Conference for youth pastors. This year, it's being held in grand ole' Nashvegas, TN at West End UMC. I'm having a terrific time. It's been great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

The thing that I'm enjoying the most is worship- morning and evening. Maybe its because have been working on the core team to plan the worship gatherings. Our team has been soooo creative and have worked really hard over the last several months.

Last night we kicked things off with a semi-traditional African American Service (pics coming soon). Today I led the group in morning prayer and Rev. Michael E. Williams talked about being "Beloved" and we closed with a re-affirmation of baptism.

Tonight's worship is being led by Dayton Edmonds, a native american pastor from the Washington area. I'm really looking forward to it. Our worship team is having a blast setting up the worship areas. I'll share pics as soon as I get them.

shalom,
jonathon

No comments: