Tuesday, April 17, 2007

CRASH OVER US LIKE A WAVE...


"Pain in times like this, I believe, is not simply something to be escaped, resolved, fixed.Instead, it is something to be suffered, something that must, in a sense, crash over us like a wave or knock us down like a fever, shake us so that we truly feel our feelings and name them; so that we can speak of them and share them and feel an exchange with others of sympathy, empathy, common grief, and common sorrow." - Brian McLaren speaking about the Virginia Tech shooting. To read the full article click here.


Prayer:

Almighty God, Father of all mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal graciously, we pray thee, with those who mourn, that casting every care on thee, they may know the consolation of thy love, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Source: Book of Common Prayer 1979

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to inform you that you are using a copyrighted image without permission.

You are even using my own bandwidth to display the image.

I am just a small time artist and considerate but when you "hot link" an image it might cause you a lot of trouble. For example, what if I change that image to an inappropriate image?

I also find it interesting you credited "Book of Common Prayer" as a source but not give credit to my image...