Tuesday, April 10, 2007

WED. MORNING PRAYER

Wednesday, April 11

The Morning Office To Be Observed on the Hour or Half Hour
Between 6 and 9 a.m.



The Call to Prayer (leader)
Rejoice in the LORD, you righteous,* and give thanks to his holy Name.
Psalm 97:12

The Request for Presence (all together)
Bow down your ear, O LORD, and answer me,* for I am poor and in misery. Keep watch over my life, for I am faithful;* save your servant who puts his trust in you.
Psalm 86:1-2

The Greeting (all together)
Blessed is the LORD!* for he has heard the voice of my prayer.
Psalm 28:7

The Refrain for the Morning Lessons (all together)
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:6, KJV

A Reading (leader)
A revealing of Jesus, the Messiah. God gave it to make plain to his servants what is about to happen. He published and delivered it by Angel to his servant John. And John told everything he saw: God's Word-- the witness of Jesus Christ!

How blessed the reader! How blessed the hearers and keepers of these oracle words, all the words written in this book!

Time is just about up.

(His Eyes Pouring Fire-Blaze)

I, John, am writing this to the seven churches in Asia province: All the best to you from The God Who Is, The God Who Was, and The God About to Arrive, and from the Seven Spirits assembled before his throne, and from Jesus Christ--Loyal Witness, Firstborn from the dead, Ruler of all earthly kings.

Glory and strength to Christ, who loves us,
who blood-washed our sins from our lives,
Who made us a Kingdom, Priests for his Father,
forever--and yes, he's on his way!
Riding the clouds, he'll be seen by every eye,
those who mocked and killed him will see him,
People from all nations and all times
will tear their clothes in lament.
Oh, Yes.

The Master declares, "I'm A to Z. I'm The God Who Is, The God Who Was, and The God About to Arrive. I'm the Sovereign-Strong."
Revelation 1: 1-8

The Refrain (all together)
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

The Morning Psalm (in the round)
As the deer longs for the water-brooks,

so longs my soul for you, O God.

My soul is athirst for God, athirst for the living God;*

when shall I come to appear before the presence of God?

My tears have been my food day and night, while all day long they say to me,*

"Where now is your God?"

I pour out my soul when I think on these things:*

how I went with the multitude and led them into the house of God,

With the voice of praise and thanksgiving,*

among those who keep holy-day.

Why are you so full of heaviness, O my soul?*

and why are you so disquieted within me?

Put your trust in God;*

for I will yet give thanks to him, who is the help of my countenance, and my God.
Psalm 42:1-7

The Refrain (all together)
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

The Small Verse (leader)
My soul thirsts for the strong, living God and all that is within me cries out to him. Traditional

The Lord's Prayer (all together)

The Prayer Appointed for the Week (leader)

O God, whose blessed Son made himself known to his disciples in the breaking of bread: Open the eyes of my faith, that I may behold him in all his redeeming work; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. †

The Concluding Prayer of the Church (all together)
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought me in safety to this new day: Preserve me with your mighty power, that I may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all I do direct me to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen. †

No comments: