Saturday, January 06, 2007

HAPPY EPIPHANY!!



In western Christian tradition, January 6 is celebrated as Epiphany. Epiphany is the climax of the Christmas Season and the Twelve Days of Christmas, which are usually counted from December 25th until January 5th. In most traditions, the day before Epiphany is the Twelfth Day of Christmas, the evening of which is called Twelfth Night. This is an occasion for feasting in some cultures, including the baking of a special King's Cake as part of the festivities of Epiphany.

for more on epiphany click here.

4 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Ooo.... I LOVE this movie.

Unknown said...

This great. Wish I could use it tomorrow, but I might be in trouble.

rocksalive777 said...

I missed a chance to eat King's Cake? Darn it.

Happy Epiphany.

(And it's been three years since I first heard about Life of Brian. I still haven't seen it. I need to fix that.)

Theresa Coleman said...

and I used this as my "Happy Epiphany" e-card this week...