Wednesday, January 10, 2007

OH PLEASE!!


A School's yoga program in British Columbia has been blasted by the religious right.

A school program to fight childhood obesity that includes yoga is drawing complaints from some Christian parents in the Quesnel area in B.C.'s Cariboo region. Says one parent, "It's not fair to take prayer out, and yet they're allowing yoga, which is religion, in our schools."

Ok, so since when is "yoga" a religion? Maybe they were mistaking it for Yoda and the force. I could at least laugh at this. Ahh my fundy-friends are so interesting at times.

4 comments:

El said...

My very religious cousins was not too happy when I told her I was taking up yoga. Apparently it has religious roots... so I'm sticking to Yoga Hatha which has no meditation.

Theresa Coleman said...

May the Force be with you

and also with you

Theresa Coleman said...

Or try giving your kids karate lessons....

Sheesh.

Unknown said...

Gee I didn't know yoga was a religion, but I have read some similar writings elsewhere.