Wednesday, January 17, 2007

WED. MORNING PRAYER


Wednesday, January 17

The Morning Office To Be Observed on the Hour or Half Hour Between 6 and 9 a.m.

The Call to Prayer (leader)
But I will call upon God,* and the LORD will deliver me. In the evening, in the morning, and at noonday,* I will complain and lament, He will bring me safely back . . . * God, who is enthroned of old, will hear me . . .
Psalm 55:17ff

The Request for Presence (leader)
Save me, O God, by your Name;* in your might, defend my cause. Hear my prayer, O God;* give ear to the words of my mouth.
Psalm 54:1–2

The Greeting (all together)
I will offer you the sacrifice of thanksgiving* and call upon the Name of the LORD.
Psalm 116:15

The Refrain for the Morning Lessons (all together)
The LORD is near to those who call upon him,* to all who call upon him faithfully.
Psalm 145:19

The Morning Psalm (in rounds)
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth;*

knit my heart to you that I may fear your Name.

I will thank you, O LORD my God, with all my heart,*

and glorify your Name for evermore.

For great is your love toward me;*

you have delivered me from the nethermost Pit.

The arrogant rise up against me,

O God, and a band of violent men seeks my life;*

they have not set you before their eyes.

But you, O LORD, are gracious and full of compassion,*

slow to anger, and full of kindness and truth.

Turn to me and have mercy upon me;*

give your strength to your servant;

and save the child of your handmaid.

Show me a sign of your favor, so that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed;*

because you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.
Psalm 86:11–17

A Reading (leader)
14-15Jesus returned to Galilee powerful in the Spirit. News that he was back spread through the countryside. He taught in their meeting places to everyone's acclaim and pleasure.
16-21He came to Nazareth where he had been reared. As he always did on the Sabbath, he went to the meeting place. When he stood up to read, he was handed the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. Unrolling the scroll, he found the place where it was written,

God's Spirit is on me;
he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to
the poor,
Sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and
recovery of sight to the blind,
To set the burdened and battered free,
to announce, "This is God's year to act!"
He rolled up the scroll, handed it back to the assistant, and sat down. Every eye in the place was on him, intent. Then he started in, "You've just heard Scripture make history. It came true just now in this place." Luke 4: 14-21

Silence

The Refrain (all together)
The LORD is near to those who call upon him,* to all who call upon him faithfully.

The Cry of the Church (all together)
O Lord, hear my prayer and let my cry come unto you. Thanks be to God. THE SHORT BREVIARY

The Lord’s Prayer (all together)

The Prayer Appointed for the Week (leader)
Almighty God, whose Son our Savior Jesus Christ is the light of the world: Grant that your people, illumined by your Word and Sacraments, may shine with the radiance of Christ’s glory, that he may be known, worshipped, and obeyed to the ends of the earth; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, now and for ever. Amen.†

The Concluding Prayer of the Church (all together)
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.†

1 comment:

Pancake Recipes said...

This iis awesome